Table of Healthcare Benefits
Type of Benefit
|Spectacles||100% of cost Up to £150 in 52 weeks||For prescribed spectacles, contact lenses o eye test||Named receipt|
|Dental||100% of cost Up to £150 in 52 weeks||For prescribed dental treatment or examinations||Named receipt|
|Medical Fees Benefit||Up to £290 in 52 weeks||
Medical consultation and health checks, treatments such as physio and chiropody - Benefit is claimable for Members, Qualifying Relatives or Qualifying Children from the total amount.
Surgical Medical Appliances - Payment equal to curren presctiption charge for standar surgical/medical appliance and 50% of the cost of a special appliance - Includes a Qualifying Relative.
Prepayment Prescription Certificate - 50% of the cost.
Home Help - Medically necessitated in the Member home.
Health Admin Charges - Includes a Qualifying Relative.
|Name receipt (in certain circumstances a GP's supporting letter may be requeste)|
|Bereavement Grant||For the death of persons under 65 unless employed at a Constituent Company: Death of a member £750, Death of a Qualifying Relative: £2250, Death of a Qualifying Child: £2250||Death Certificate Requited.|
|Financial Assistance||Members experiencing financial hardship due to special circumstances can apply to the Special Cases Panel for a grant according to need.||Fully complete Special Cases Panel application form (available on request from BAWA)|
There is an initial 13 week period of membership during which claims may neither be made nor accrued.
- The Qualifying Relative is the spouse or live-in partner.
- Partner is defined as a person who lives with the member in an enduring relationship.
- For single members the Qualifying Relative is the sole surviving parent.
- Single members with both or neither parents alive do not have a Qualifying Relative.
- A Qualifying Child is a member’s child under the age of 18 years at the time of treatment.
Upper Age Limit:
There is no upper age limit in membership categories: Age is not a barrier to participation in the Benefits scheme, (except for the Bereavement Grant, see above).
Benefits Scheme Rules, Regulations and Requirements
There is an initial waiting period of 13 weeks from commencement or recommencement of membership subscriptions, during which time claims cannot be paid or accrued.
This waiting period is waived following a break in membership of less than 26 weeks but a Member’s claims history will still be considered.
· Valid claims must be completed on the current prescribed application forms, available from BAWA Healthcare & Leisure, various onsite locations or via our website www.bawa.biz.
· A printed receipt of payment showing the full names of the recipient of the treatment and the practitioner together with the date and type of treatment should accompany claims for reimbursement of expenditure made. Any hand-written receipt should bear the practitioner’s company stamp.
· Claims can only be considered if the date of treatment is within 52 weeks of receipt of the completed claim form.
· BAWA reserves the right to alter the range and/or the amounts available within the scheme.
The current list of Benefits, is available in the induction packs can be requested from the administrative office or alternatively, viewed on the internet at www.bawa.biz or on the intranet systems of our main constituent companies.
· Payment for Home Help within Medical Fees can only be made for a proven medical necessity for home help. Claims should be accompanied with medical evidence such as a letter from the member’s GP.
· Benefits expressed as an annual amount (ie: in any 52 week period) are calculated on a rolling year basis. Amounts claimed in the 52 week period leading up to and including the date of treatment that is being claimed cannot exceed the benefit levels quoted on the Benefits List.
· The date of treatment will be primarily used to calculate the amount due based on the details quoted on a receipt. Delayed submission or payment will not increase the amount payable by BAWA Healthcare and Leisure.
· BAWA Healthcare and Leisure reserves the right to check the details of any claim submitted and will take action against members believed to be attempting to make a fraudulent claim.
It is the responsibility of the member to inform BAWA Healthcare & Leisure of any changes to employment, address or personal details.
For more details phone Benefits on 0117 976 8064, RR 96831, AIR 62361 or email email@example.com